May 2022 Newsletter
Is your business at Risk for an Electrical Hazard?
Owning a business is a major responsibility. In fact, it has been estimated that business owners spend approximately 40% of their time handling administrative-based tasks and other activities that do not generate any type of revenue such as staffing, sales, and daily operations. With so much to do, it is not at all surprising to find that most business owners overlook the single most critical component of their business, the electrical system. Unfortunately, this could result in many serious complications such as fire, injury, and loss of property.
It is vital that you enlist a commercial electrician to maintain the electrical system of your building. If you have not done this, continue reading to learn the warning signs that it is time for their services to be rendered immediately.
- Frequent flickering, dimming of lights or you’re continuously spending a small fortune on light bulbs because they keep going out
- Wall outlet discoloration
- Tripped circuit breakers and blown fuses that occur repeatedly
- Tools or appliances that feel warm to the touch or that deliver a slight shock when touched
- There are several smells that could indicate that there is an issue with the electrical system of your business. Examples include rubber smells, rotten egg smells, sulfur, or if it smells like something is actually burning.
- Rodents chewing on or through wires. The pulling and tugging on wires while chewing, can lead to loose connections. Also, wires that were once protected by plastic sheathing are now exposed. Without this protective covering, the wires send off heat to surrounding elements and can catch dry dust and debris buildup on fire.
When it comes to commercial buildings, safety is of utmost importance. Electrical fires can be unpredictable, but by addressing electrical issues early you possibly can avoid costly problems and major inconveniences in the future. For example, if your electrical system is older and you’re using modern energy-efficient appliances and equipment, they may not be able to work as efficiently as they should. This can lead to higher energy bills and a shorter lifespan of your appliances and equipment. The same is true with light fixtures, ongoing malfunctioning can damage your light fixtures beyond repair, meaning you’ll have to replace them sooner than you planned. Plus, if you ever decide to sell your commercial property, a poorly working electrical system can lower its value.
If you have noticed any of the warning signs outlined above, or if you simply suspect that something might be wrong, give us a call.
Gray Connective is a commercial and industrial electrical contractor serving the greater Lehigh Valley and western New Jersey for over three decades. We offer companies the ability to work with confidence and peace of mind through our electrical solutions and competitive prices.
Gray Connective can repair and replace components of your electrical systems, lights, and more. Contact us today, we are ready and available to solve your electrical problems.
For more information on building automation systems and what it can do for your business, contact Gray Connective today.