|LED stands for “light emitting diode”. Instead of having a filament to provide light, the LED light uses diodes. A diode hosts electrons moving inside of semiconductor material, which thus generates light. LED lighting is the most affordable, energy efficient, and eco-friendly illumination for your commercial and industrial business.
LED lighting comes with a multitude of amazing benefits including:
- Energy Efficient– It is estimated that LED energy efficiency is 80–90 percent greater than traditional lighting and conventional light bulbs. LED illumination produces little infrared light and close to no UV emissions. Because of this, LED lighting is highly suitable for goods and materials that are sensitive to heat.
- Ecologically Friendly -LED lights are free of toxic chemicals and are 100 percent recyclable. Most conventional fluorescent bulbs contain a multitude of materials such as mercury that are dangerous for the environment.
- Long Lifespan– The average LED lasts 50,000-100,000 operating hours or more. That is 2-4 times as long as most fluorescent and metal halide lights, and 40 times as long as the average incandescent bulb.
- Durable Quality -LEDs are extremely durable and are built with sturdy components that are highly rugged and can withstand even the roughest conditions. LEDs are ideal for operation under cold and low outdoor temperature settings. Low temperatures may affect operation and present a challenge for fluorescent lamps but LED illumination operates well in cold settings, such as outdoor winter settings and freezer rooms. LEDs are ideal for outdoor lighting systems because of their resistance to shock, vibrations, and extreme impacts. They can endure rough conditions, weather exposure, external vandalism, traffic-related public exposure, and construction or manufacturing sites.
- Safety – LEDs generally are much safer because they emit no forward heat like traditional incandescent bulbs. LEDs consume less power so they can operate effectively on low-voltage electrical systems.
- Affordable– The greater a business’s artificial lighting requirements, the more it can save by switching to LED light bulbs. Many businesses can lower their lighting energy consumption by 75% by switching to LED lighting.
Gray Connective can help provide the assistance needed for your business to make the switch to LED lighting. We are a commercial and industrial electrical contractor serving the greater Lehigh Valley and western New Jersey for over three decades. Through our electrical solutions, we offer companies the ability to work with confidence and peace of mind.
Contact Gray Connective for more information on how we can upgrade your business to LED lighting or other electrical services that are needed.